Select an option:

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 25 - October 22nd

Well it looks like they have now completed the framing? The gutters are up and the final loose brackets I noted yesterday have been bolted down. About the only issue I can see is the bracket that holds the garage door frame joist up. It hasn't been bolted down to anything and the bolt is just sitting in mid air. Need to check with the site supervisor about this.

It is really taking shape now. The site supervisor informed me that the plumbing rough ins will be done next. I'll be interested to see how they fix the pipes that have popped up in bedroom's three's closet space?  They also added some of the final brackets in the kitchen and family room wall.

I also received a letter today entitled "Extension of Time". The total time they have requested is 0 days. It has listed 3 days of wet weather from the 1.10.10 to the 05.10.10, which makes sense if the ground is still wet ( I had two wet days recorded before this and the third it was drying out). I presume it's listed as 0 days as they have a total of 10 wet days to use...?

What I still don't understand is what happens if (and they will) get more rain than the contract allows for?

Here are todays photos:

--
--
The rear of the house. The guttering had to be "chopped" off at the end. We would have had to submit more requests to council and I'd prefer not to pay them twice just for this small overhang...

--
--
An image from the inside of the guttering. It shows how the gutters are attached to the framework.

--
Our beautiful downpipes... And if you look carefully near the downpipe you'll see the bolt I mentioned before...

--
The kitchen has had the final touches done to the roofing

--
Our "wall holes" have had the final touches added to them. Looks like the plasterboard could be attached now....

--
Ditto for the entertainment cupboard...

--
Some images of around the house. Click for a larger picture...




Well I presume the builders won't do anything on the weekend and the forecast is predicting a high chance of rain on Monday and Tuesday next week... But this hasn't yet proved to be very reliable!


Overall...so far I am very pleased with how things are going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!