Select an option:

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 17 - October 14th (Day 11 of 65)

Yes. The weather has held up for two days! The clouds are lurking overhead, but it was a good day for building. Went to the property this afternoon, to see how much of the frame was assembled. Each day on the way there, we have been passing two other houses that are being built. One of them is on a block of land we were looking at buying, but it was just to small to fit our home onto.

Yesterday when we passed it they didn't have any frame up, but today when we went past the same block of land, the frame had almost been completed! " Fantastic ", I thought as we drove past. They are bound to have started our block by now.

Around the corner there is another home being built out of timber. The frames going up on it as well.. This is looking promising!

However, when we get to our block of land....


Nothing.... *sniff*.

I spoke with the site supervisor via email today.

Morning robert,
                     Due to the persistent rain, unfortunately the framers have been unable to start. They have been delayed finishing the job before your home. I am hoping they will be starting on site today. Once they have started I will be able to schedule your home for fascia and gutter, roof, rough ins etc up to brickwork over the next few weeks.
If you have any other questions please let me know.

Regards.

Any other questions...hmmmm.....Where I work, we currently have 3 buildings going at once, so I know what havoc wet weather can play when building. Each week however, we get a report stating the number of days worked, and the number of calculable delays (wet weather and the like) each site has experienced. I thought it might be a good idea to ask my site supervisor for the same information, so I can make sure everything is kept on track. I am waiting for his reply. I'd be interested to know if his numbers match mine?

My daughters were a little disappointed that nothing had been done. I told my eldest, that they will get it done on time, and they still have another 8 days roughly if they take the full 21 days leave off over Christmas, and every Sunday off until the end of the job. (This assumes that they will take the full 180 days).

Our first payment has been made now for the slab. I imagine it won't take long to get the frame up once its started. Then the second payment will be due.

What's the weather forecast?


Monday is looking good! Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!