Select an option:

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 94 - December 30th (Day 41 of 65)

We got the "Extension of Time" request in the mail before the holidays. Not sure what they exactly mean? They are claiming an extension of time of 13 days.

They refer me to section 17.2 of the contract which covers calculable and incalculable delays. I think the Christmas period is in this category as it varies from year to year, how long the Christmas period is, hence it fits into an incalculable delay. They are claiming 13 days which come from the 23rd of December through to the 13th of January (They are not counting weekends or public holidays). So now I discover the Christmas - Newyear period is an incalculable delay and is not included in the 55 days, as these are just calculable delays only. I hate red tape! It makes everything more complicated than it really needs to be.

My site manager has told me that the building will recommence on the 4th of January. He's been great with helping us out so far, so I tend to believe him as the letter we received seems to be a generic one signed by our customer service coordinator.

They are well ahead of time, so I really don't think there is any sense in going into it any further.

I noticed today in this photo, that they have actually added the insulation in the roof cavity already. It is showing up in the photo below, just peeping out of the man hole.

--
Front door. I noticed the light on the outside today.

--
See that?  Blue skies!! I almost forgot what they looked like.

--

--
Sort of felt a little guilty today... You know that add where they guy is standing outside the house looking at his roof?.. Well if you haven't here it is...


And here are my pics....

--


2 comments:

  1. you will be done in no time! As for delays..I guess they are expected right? No need to worry!

    And that ad..hahaha so funny! Im sure that will be me in a few months time too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't receive this notice, because we have reached practical completion. So technically they could take as long as they want. But I guess they can't take too long as they do need us to pay them

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!