Select an option:

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 81 - December 17th

Spoke with two people from Metricon today. The first call was from our site supervisor, who let me know that the shower frames were presently being installed, and the electrical will start to go in next week. The water tank has been booked in to be installed on January the 17th.  Our site supervisor is taking a well earned rest for 3 weeks, so won't be back when everything gets going again at the building site. This is is first lot of holidays this year. I've had one week..so I reckon he deserves it!! :-> (I'm trying to save mine for the move!)

The second call was one I have read about in other blogs. Metricon are doing their check ups to see how well everything is going with building and also with the site supervisor. I gave our site supervisor an excellent wrap! He has done everything very well and from my experience, I would recommend them to anyone. I suspect a lot of this has to do with your personal site supervisor, as some blogs I have read, things haven't gone as well. I can honestly say however, that our site supervisor has been great thus far.

I also organised a meeting with him on Tuesday Morning, so he can show me around the site before they go on annual leave.

--
The Mirror has now been installed in the children's bathroom

--
Shower screen ready to be assembled.

--
Sink has been installed in the Kitchen.

--
They have started to get the tap work organised.

--
The shower screen has been installed in the Ensuite.

--
Ditto with door open

--
The mirror in the Ensuite.

--
Right before the storm hit...

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I got that 'rate you experience' call too. A year ago they were giving a random person a large screen TV. I wonder if they are still doing that?

    Overall I said there were minor issues, and I would definitely build again with them if I ever had the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to see that you have had a positive experience with your SS..I hope I can say the same about ours when we are done..but so far he has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tonia,

    Well you should expect that some things won't go right. Our site supervisor warned us of this before hand. He said that if we find things that aren't correct to let him know so he can get them corrected. True to his word, he has fixed them up. Not always straight away, as he sometimes has to wait to get the contractor back, but they have been fixed.

    Jay,

    A large screen TV is just what I need. When are you delivering it? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had a call from our CSC checking that things were going ok but never really one like that asking all kinds of questions about wether we were happy or not - it will be interesting to see if they do them yet here in NSW? They should seeing as though they are quite new to the NSW building market :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it seems like they might be calling all the current clients? I have seen some from Victoria getting calls.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!