Select an option:

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 91 - December 27th (Day 38 of 65)

Forecast up until Friday - Wet.  Friday being new years eve, is supposed to be fine. That will be a pleasant change!


The children enjoyed Christmas immensely, with Santa laying a run of chocolate from there rooms out to the Christmas tree!  It was a 5am start, with my wife and myself looking rather tired when the kids were opening their presents.. Heaven knows why we were tired. Santa did all the work!!


We ended up spending the day at my sister's house this year, as our home has a little way to go before it's complete. We were looking forward to be able to have Christmas at our new home, but that was not to be this year. Hopefully, if everything goes to plan, we should get handover by the end of February, so I can get a start on the decking as well as the fencing, landscaping moving the furniture, home theater work, home network  etc etc...


Went to Bunnings today and had a closer look at the timber I need to use to build the deck with. I suspect I will just have it delivered to site, and work on it from there. Bunnings also had some guides on building a deck, so it shouldn't ? be to difficult?


I replaced my old faithful watch on the 22nd as well... The next day, the glass face had cracked (!!) and all I did was look at it..hang on...hmmm.. Nahhhh...  Got a refund and bought a better watch elsewhere.


There has (obviously) been no work at the house since the 22nd, but the family is impressed with the work thus far.


So with all this wet weather around perhaps it is time for a wet weather joke??


If a band plays music in a thunderstorm, who is most likely to get hit by lightning? 


The conductor.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!