Select an option:

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 62 - November 28th (Day 25 of 65)

Went with the family today to visit the Maudsland and Upper Coomera Display homes.

At Maudsland we saw the Bellino and the Santorini homes. I took a number of photos of the decking they had, as I am wanting to build my own. These homes used the narrow decking. The homes at Upper Coomera however, used a wider decking timber. I thought the wider deck actually looked better...it seems to be a little more spacious with not as much intricate detail.

They used a 30cm gap between the joists, and some brass nails. I am thinking of using some screws along with Merbau timber, that way if anything does fall between them, we are able to retrieve it without too much hassle.

The Bellino has 3 bedrooms, two showers and a double carport.

--
--

--

--

--

--

--

--
This is the Santori. It also has three bedroom, two showers and a double carport.
--

--


--

--

--

--



--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--

--
I'll go through the Newhaven and the Grandview we saw at Upper Coomera tomorrow. Suffice to say, that the Grandview is a totally different design to what we have. It looks nothing like the layout  on the Metricon website?

Took my wife to the property today again, for a weekly inspection. All is looking good. Before we left we put the temporary down pipes back in place, as the red soil has been splashing up on the brickwork! I really wish the contractors who ripped it down, would have added it back!

The homes we saw today all had great outdoor areas, and shared the timber decking theme.

Until tomorrow....



3 comments:

  1. Yes, those brickies remove the down pipes and never reinstated mine either.

    Did you realise you are in some of the reflections on some of your photos.

    I think it's a Santorini as opposed to Santori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. My reflections seems to be degrading the photo! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priya,

    I do not allow advertising from companies who did not assist me with the build. The decking on my home was done by myself from star to finish. Your comments are below, but your link has been removed.
    Sorry....

    priya said...

    see this house is gorgeous, I do love your blog posts so much, could look at it for hours!I loved ur house and images that u issued in ur blogs..

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!