Select an option:

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 45 - November 11th

Looks like the bulk of the getting the plasterboards to the wall has been done. It looks great to start to be able to see how the end product may look. I'm guessing that I may not have much more access to the inside of the building as they will probably add the doorway to the garage soon and the lock to the front door?

About the only thing I noticed they have done wrongly, is add the plaserboard over where the concrete still has to be laid for the hole they had to cut in the floor...(See picture further down).

Looks good so far.
--
What the....Hey??

--
Bedroom 3

--
Bedroom 2

--
The front door

--
The hallway and the Living Room to the right (aka .. my study)

--
An area for a mirror or picture in the hallway.

-- 
The cupboard  space in the Living room

--
The Family Room. Finally you can see how we designed it.

--
Another area for a mirror etc in the living room.

--
The Rumpus room, looking into the Living room.

--
The bifold windows in the rumpus room

--
The master bedroom closet.

--
The Ensuite and walk in robe in the master bedroom

--
The water closet in the master bedroom

--
The garage...
They had to chip this section away as it stuck out to far.

--
The bricking is starting to make it's way around the other side of the house now.

--
This is the outdoor room. The ceiling has been added now.

--
The bricks are starting to climb up on the other side as well.

--
A view down the side of the house. This has now been completed and is ready for the eves.


From what I can see on the contract, they are nearing the completion on the enclosed stage. I believe they just need to get the brickwork complete, as this is part of the "external cladding". The roof has been added, external doors have been fixed (minus the garage) and the external windows have been fixed.

Interesting to note that by adding the Internal Lining, they have also started on the Fixing Stage.

Until tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. What is that cutout in the floor. Was that due to a mistake, or is that intentional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..Intentional..Yes. A mistake..Yes also. :>

    They measured from the wrong spot from the front of the house when adding the piping. Hence it's out by around 50cm. They had to cut the concrete to move it and have relined it again for termite proofing. They still needed to add the concrete, but as with all builders, if your job is the wall linings, you don't really think to much about what the overall picture is. I don't blame them.

    The wall lining can be removed pretty easy at this stage, so it will be fixed. It's just a matter of time. I have emailed my site supervisor to let him know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What piping is this? Electrical, plumbing or gas? I'm sure they will cover up just fine, in the end. I've been fortunate that nothing major has gone wrong in our construction (Touch wood!)

    It get's a bit frustrating when lock-up stage begins. You can't get inside to have a look. That's why my facebook blog has been slow lately, as I haven't been insdie to take as many photos as I would have liked to. I especially want to see how the painting is going. And to check on the tiling, which was grouted before painting began.

    We won't have possession of the house before Christmas, I'm already prepared for that. I am extremely happy with the progress. Even your house I think has gone up faster than mine. Most of the contractors I've spoken to, work from the Gold Coast, they travel all the way upto Brisbane to do work for Metricon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is electrical, Water and waste.. Yeah...They are not wasting any time on our place, that's for sure. I suspect it will come to a grinding halt over Christamas period however ;-> Probably why they are trying to get so much done beforehand.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!