Select an option:

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 48 - November 14th (Day 21 of 65)

Took my wife to the property today and we did some measuring to start to work out the amount of timber that may be required for the deck frame.  Once I have the frame worked out, I can then work out the amount of timber required for the base and then calculate the surface area. You also need to add another 10% for offcuts etc...

Took some scrap paper and did a rough drawing of the area we were wanting to deck in the outdoor area, and also in the portico. I would have liked to deck some more of the space in the outdoor area (off to the side of the house) but the other half would prefer to leave this as a grassed area. Well it shouldn't be to hard to add it later on if we so decide.

Once I had the rough drawings with the measurements, I started by drawing the house outline in Google sketchup.  I then drew the concrete blocks and then the post holders. After this, I mucked around with different layouts and ended up with what is shown below. (All drawn with the free Google Sketchup)




I am going to build the deck around the poles. I saw this at Northlakes and it looked really good. I have a couple of modifications still to make (like moving some of the foundation poles).

I took a number of photos today of both the outdoor area and the patio for me to refer to. Don't expect them to be interesting !!

--
Pole to the right facing the house

--
Pole to the left facing the house

--
Ditto

--
Ditto. The concrete comes out a fair way, so I need to work around this...

--
The outdoor area.

--
Half leading onto the master bedroom

--
Looking towards the rear of the house

--
Another shot of the right pole.

--
The distance up the deck will need to reach.

--
The area behind the Rumpus



-- 
The area behind the outdoor room

--
The front of the house.


The forecast for tomorrow:


Brisbane Forecast
Issued at 4:15 pm EST on Sunday 14 November 2010

Warning Summary
Nil.

Forecast for Sunday Evening
Mostly fine, just a possible shower or two during the evening. Light to moderate
NE winds, fresh at times near the bay.               

Precis:       Mostly fine, late shower                    

Forecast for Monday
Mostly fine, just a possible morning shower. Light to moderate E to NE winds.   
         

Precis:       Possible early shower              
City:         Min 20    Max 28
Bayside:      Min 19    Max 27
UV Alert:     7:20 am to 3:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme]

Tuesday       Late thundery rain                     Min 19    Max 29
Wednesday     Early rain, afternoon shower/storm     Min 20    Max 26
Thursday      Showers, possible thunderstorm         Min 20    Max 26
Friday        Showers                                Min 19    Max 27
Saturday      A few showers                          Min 19    Max 28
Sunday        A few showers                          Min 19    Max 28

The next routine forecast will be issued at 4:50 am EST Monday.

When might it be complete??

If I am reading the calendar correctly and have worked out the number of calculable days off that could be had, (excluding any more wet days)  then we might expect the property to be completed around the 18th - 25th of February.

My prediction is 158 days (or 22 weeks and 4 days). This would mean they fall short of days off however by 1 day, and they would actually finish around the 4th of March.

 I suspect I won't be to far out as they did the Grandview 26 in 147 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!