Select an option:

Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 98 - January 3rd (Day 45 of 65)

Well it's the last official day off for the builders apparently, if my site supervisor is correct? I phoned a builder today for concrete driveways, as we are going to need to get this done shortly. He has recommended the "Concrete Colour Systems" design to be added to the concrete. It looks pretty good.

Anita nad myself just need to work out the colour and the exact pattern, but we think we will have square "diamond" shape on the concrete in Storm Grey, and perhaps have two feature shapes in it. We will look at this shortly.

While we were there, we re looked at the front portico area, and noticed that we should have the deck end right at the pole as the driveway will be going past it. We also thought it should come out a little further do it is in contact with the driveway. So yes, again I have modified the plans etc...


For this project I am going to order
  1. 45 meters + 17 meters (62 meters) of 90 x 90mm H4 treated pine for the bearers  ($11.80 / m)
     ~  $732
  2. 125 + 40 meters (165 meters) of 90 x 45mm H4 treated pine for the trim and lead joists ($4.75 / m) ~ $784
  3. 480 meters  + 155 meters of (635 meters) 90 x 19mm Merbau hardwood select grade. ($3.98 / m) ~ $2528
  4. 30 + 11 stirrups holders and 192 x 12 mm bolts, washers and nuts. ($8.25 each + ~$6 for nuts and bolts each stirrup?)  ~ $340 + $246
  5. 240 + 55 joist hangers for 90 x 45 mm timber ~ less than $2 each ~ $590
  6. Concrete (Found this today as well - $7.95 per 20 kg bag). I think ?? (need advice) that I need 1.5 bags per hole = 62 bags ~ $493
  7. Screws x 3000 ~ $300

Total:  $6013 . Going to need to do some serious talking with the guys to get this price down!

On a side note, I took back my Netcomm Modem today as it had been playing up recently. It doesn't like the heat at all, and it's not that warm where it is!  The only way to get back on the internet with it was to let it cool down!

It's the second one Ive had since August. The last one I bought 3 weeks ago. The guys at Harvey Normans Carindale were great and they let me swap it over for a differnt brand. I went back to Netgear as the stuff they sell seems to work well, is able to be set up easily, and seems to just work! 

This little unit works well allowing you to have a guest logon as well. Very smart!



3 comments:

  1. We're possibly going to use a guy out your way to do our concreting. He's booked in to do our alfresco this week. We'll see how he goes before we commit to him with the driveway. He's better priced than anyone I could find elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote I got was from Mad Mud ? You?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice plans for the deck - I was meant to get started on our deck these summer holidays but procrastination set in!

    Netcomm gear isn't that great, had trouble with them myself as well. Netgear I've used a lot in the past, just switched to a Billion unit and it's fantatic in case your netcomm stuff up as well. My router is in a linen cupboard, facing west, even in pretty hot temperature never missed a beat.

    T&T

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!