Select an option:

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 111 - January 16th (Day 51 of 65)

Well after yesterdays effort, I was in need of a sleep in. By the time I got up, the call on the radio was that they did not need any more volunteers. Might try again next week after the working week?

Went out to the house today. Nothing had been done yesterday and there was no one onsite today.A little disappointed as the Site Supervisor said the painters would be in completing the paint job. I'd much prefer it if I knew they wouldn't be there, rather than thinking they would be and they didn't turn up?  Hopefully they were helping out some of the flood victims in Brisbane? Well...That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :->.

I went looking for things that might need to be fixed before handover. They have fixed some items, but there are a number of other minor details that need to be corrected. The other thing I noticed was that they have stuck the power point, data and TV Antenna all in the wrong location...Looks like my site supervisor has missed this..

The light in Bedroom 2's walk in robe isn't working either. They have not screwed some of the window winders back in yet, and the floating doors in the study are way to close together on one side, and miles apart on the other side.

--
I'm wondering, at the moment, if there is supposed to be a slat between the roof layers? 
It looks like they have used a sheet of steel.
They have fixed the gutter here now.

--
Jay....  Here the snap in eave Vent again. I had a look on our plans and it sows them spread around the house. Its on the very first page that shows our house plan.

--
Painting still needs to be done on the outside.

--
The windows winders still need to be screwed into place again.

--
Some of the fixed door handles are a little loose.

--
The light in Bedroom 2's walk in cupboard is not working... 

-- 
Hehehe. Walkin cupboard. Walkin fridge.





--
Another window opener needs screwing down

--
Doors stuck together...

--
Data, power and Antenna all in the wrong level. They should be one level up...



The other thing I found out, whilst talking to another person who is building to the north of Brisbane, is that the insurance companies are not accepting any new policies in flood affected areas at the moment. I'm prettry sure that we should be fine as the Redlands shire was not in this area, but I am wondering what will hapen if they don't? The mortgage will require us to have insurance, else they will not pay the remainder of the house.

I phoned them today to find out about insuring some items on the property only, that we own, and they told me that they will only insure it if it is part of the entire house. Not too sure what they mean by this, as we presently only have our contents with them, and that wasn't a problem? Maybe it's beacuse this is on a different property?


10 comments:

  1. I continue to be amazed at how much further ahead your home is when I am told we will have handover soon (I am expecting to hear on Wednesday about when hand over will be). We are currently 5 - 6 weeks past the date we were originally told,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your calendar says you still have 69 days until hand over. I just can't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any vents on my plans. I wonder if it has to do with the airconditioner.

    Closely with your cladding near the roof. There might be some lead flashing covering the cladding. They usually do this near joints like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert, your supervisor should be able to give you a handover date by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terri,

    Yes. When we signed the agreement with Metricon, they had it laid out in the contract that the building period was 180 days. The time period probably needs to be adjusted however, as they took three weeks off, but only claimed 13 days, due to public holidays etc (which are a calculable delay!).

    So the countdown I have is from September the 28th. The calender tab hasn't been updated just yet, but have a look anyway...

    What you will want to look at is the owners copy of the building contract. The section you want to look at is (on our agreement anyway) in Schedule 1, page 2 Section 10 of the HIA agreement. This gives you the building period (180 days for us).

    It also outlines the calculable delays which on my contact is 10 days for inclement weather, and 55 days for weekends public holidays RDO's and any other time they are not available.

    This is where I get the Day 51 of 65 from. I just added the 10 to the 55 to work out the total they had. and have been adding them up each day.

    The problem has arisen however, as I discovered that an incalculable delay (which they can have as much of as they want) includes the Christmas shutdown.

    So with my totals, I need to lower my 51 days, by 13 = 38. 65 - 38 = 27 days left that they can claim -> Which gets the past the due date of March 27th (180 days) when they take only weekends off.... Make sense?

    The problem will be that they will need to arrange handover before this time, as they will run out of work to do soon and eat into these days quicker!

    So have a look at your contract and see what info it provides you with. I'd be interested to know if your contract is any different to mine.

    The funny thing is that if it is late, (on my contract anyway) they will pay you $15 per day (which is $105 per week)).

    ReplyDelete
  6. No...I thinks its Aluminium painted...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to the calendar and reworked it all out. It seems that Metricon came back a week earlier than expected So in the end they only used 9 of the 13 days. Not sure why they did that?

    It does give them more time, but if they aren't doing anything onsite each day, they will run out of calculable delays.. At the moment, they can have each weekend off!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK read up on these vents. It seems as though as they are a requirement if you have a whirlybird. It assists with moving the air throughout the roof cavity. Since I just have normal roof tiles and no whirlybird, then it's not needed.

    I thought it was a way for the rangehood to vent the exhaust. I believe they just vent the rangehood exhaust up into the roof cavity and that's it. Then the roof would get very messy, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm.. I always thought the rangehood just blew the air back into the room?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!