Select an option:

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 139 - February 13th (Day 60 of 65)

Today wen went around the the house and slashed the grass. It was getting on my nerves, and I wasn't sure if the site supervisor was going to get it cut, or if he was expecting us to do it anyway? It's (mostly) all done now.

I'm not certain as to whether we can remove the "Vail" around the outside edge of the property just yet. I think we need to ensure we have grass laid first before we do this.






Just as I had finished as was getting ready to leave, our new neighbours stopped by. They were both very pleasant. We had a chat about the fence, as I was wanting to get it installed as soon as possible after handover. I mentioned that we would like a steel frame fence. They agreed. They also thought we should raise the fence height by adding a row of two high of timber sleepers. 

As I am putting up the fence (I've done a steel framed fence before) I mentioned that I have never added sleepers that high before and asked if perhaps he could arrange that part, and I would do the fence. He agreed. So essentially, he is going pay for and install the sleepers, and I am going to pay for and install the fence! I'm happy as I know how to do that part. and he's happy as he has some workers that can install the sleepers.

We then went looking for some desks to suit the large study we have. Found some at Office Works which weren't to bad.Super A-Mart was hopeless....  Also found some at Ikea, which seemed to me to be a little bit dearer, but did seem to be of reasonable quality. .. I was going to buy it, but in then end decided to hold off until we get into the house. 

Does anyone else know where we might find some good study tables for a reasonable price?  Essentially I want two desks. A mobile draw would be great as well.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking myself. Officeworks seem to be reasonable, I think we will end up going with them. Empire Furniture also have a large range, but were a bit pricy for me. Take a look you might see something you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jay,

    Thanks for that. Some of the items their look quite good. I We almost bought a table at iKea for ^649...but decided to hold off..Some of the Empire desks look pretty similar and the price is alot less....

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!