Select an option:

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 324 - August 15th (Day180)

Well today it is 180 days since handover.  We have only 12 items for the maintenance guys to look at. All of them are relatively minor, with the exception of the water closet in the Ensuite. It seems they may have cut the pipe too low to the ground, casuing the occasional "splash" over. ..Well you get the drift...


I phoned Energex on Friday to see when they plan to get the Solar panels connected to the meter, such that the meter reads backwards when power is goping into the grid. I found out that they have 45 days from recieving the paperwork, to get it up and running. I also found out that they have moved this time frame out a little to 48 days recently due to the demand. Our time frame was 45 days.

Interestingly, when I phoned through to Energex, they told me that with the meter I currently have, I COULD HAVE SWITCHED THE PANELS ON FROM THE BEGGINING!!! Whilst the panels would not generate an income, they would have been paying for our day use electricity costs. Thanks! Anyway, I will wait until Thursday before phoning them again. I hope they are going to start to credit us as the ball is now in their court....

I had some timber left over from the deck and with some of the framing timber, I built two planter boxes. It took a days work to get them all together. I also got some white stones for the garden. I plan to use this around the side of the house to provide an area to park the trailer onto.

The neighbour is getting closer to completion. I reckon they are only around 6-7 weeks away from the finish of it. We might be able to get the fence up then... It's been sitting in the garage in the mean time.

Yesterday, the water mains that went into the property two doors up, popped off and started spraying water into the air. The council came out to fix it. Pity I didn't have a long enough hose. I would have collected the water and put in in the rainwater tank! (Which is almost empty... :-< )











1 comment:

  1. You kinda had the issues I did with the solar panels. I could have turned them on from day one. The energex told me I could have. I didn't want to try just in case I fried something in the house. Silly installers, they should have to me. Actually I think they told my wife not to turn it on.

    That's crazy that a water mains could just spewing out water like that, yeah crazy you could have used that water for your own use. My tank has been empty for a few months now. Actually a few days into having the lawn laid. I knew I was going to have a huge bill from that time on. And it hasn't really rained much since January. It doesn't take long at all for the tank to go empty when you have toilets & laundry hooked it.

    Our neighbours began about two months ago, and now they are 3 weeks away from completion. I can't believe how fast it's been happening. They've had a good run of dry weather, which has helped. They are building with Perry. All the builders tell me they are slow, but it seems Metricon are still soldering on. It seems the only people that can afford to build are the wealthier ones, and they are probably the ones that can afford to pay abit extra for quality in Metricon.

    I still have some 6month maintenance work needing final attention, it turns out one of my chrome taps had been scratched, so I asked for a replacement. They had to pull the tile off, break open the gyprock and replace the body of the tap. Now I'm waiting for the gyrock to be finished and retiled. I will be protesting if they don't waterproof it either, which I'm pretty sure is what he will do.

    Apart from that, I am enjoying the new home. I'm very close to getting both cars in the garage. Just need a few things to move out. Still waiting for my concrete to be fixed up before I can do that.

    Anyway thanks for the post. Nice keeping us updated.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!