Select an option:

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 330 August 21st (Day 186)

The Solar was connected to the grid on the 18th of August, 50 working days after they received the paperwork from us.

When I phoned them I was surprised to hear them telling me on the phone in a message that it would take 45 days, and when I phoned a couple of days later, that this had been changed to 48 days. Something just didn't add up.

I had a look again at the paper agreement sent to me in the mail entitled "Energex, Inverter Energy Systems. Connecting You Inverter Energy System to the ENERGEX Network."

On Page 6 of 11 it has a section entitled " How long does it take to connect my meter?"

It reads ...

ENERGEX has an obligation to have your metering upgraded or replaced within ten business days from receipt of all the relevant paper work, unless there are any discrepancies with the paperwork or an appointment has been arranged. We require the following paperwork:

* Signed Agreement (Form 1003)
* EWR (Form 2)
* A request from your electricity retailer known as Business to Business transaction (B2B)

Then I found out from this URL under the service guarantees, that there may be a $52 payment per day that they are late. I am not sure if this applies however to solar connections as I haven't been able to find any information on the internet about this.

Paperwork was received by them on the 9th of June 2011.  Ten days later makes it the 23rd of June. Connection was made on the 18th of August. 

So I have filed a GSL request with them here requesting payment for the 40 days they were late. (I did ask the person I spoke to at Energex about this. She took my name and number and said someone would return my call.  Not surprisingly I haven't heard anything...)



Oh..And the other interesting thing I found today was this:

The paperwork on Energex's web site has changed from the copy we received...
What we got: (Click on it to make it bigger)


What Energex are providing customers now: (Notice the 10 day period has vanished..and they are advertising 45 -48 days on the phone)




1 comment:

  1. Rob,

    Well at least you're on the grid now. But unfortunately the rain has come. Bad timing isn't it. Oh well at least my tank is full now.

    Jay

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!