Select an option:

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 189 - April 3rd (Day 45)

Well we finished the deck today. Oiled it and added the trusty barbeque. Also finally cleaned out the garage now that we have all the timber out and used on the deck, so now the car and trailer fits in the garage. I used some acid wash on the floor of the garage as well, as it has absorbed a large amount of the red soil while we were working on the deck. Might need to give it a couple of coats to get rid of it all.

 We have a very small amount of timber left over.  I am thinking of making a stand we can use to add some plants to. I saw this in the December edition of Handyman magazine on page 146. Got me thinking about what I could do with the extra timber if there was any.  I think I have enough for around 4 planter boxes.

Each evening I have been working on the blinds in the house. Whilst I have assembled each of the blinds, I still need to anchor each one to the window frame with the supplied hinges and magnetic catches.

Next week we need to make a start on the fence down the other side of the house. Still need to figure out how to do this since we now have a a row of sleepers three high..? The poles won't reach the ground at the moment. I think I may be able to get some extensions that I can add to the top section of the fence? I ask at Stratco next week.....







3 comments:

  1. The deck looks great with the grass. What type did you get? We are having ours laid later this week, I can't wait. We have lots of clay around, and would love minimise the dust coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decking and the blinds both look great!! Where did you get your blinds from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. We built the deck ourselves and got the blinds from a company called shutter kits. http://www.shutterkits.com.au/ .

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!