Select an option:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 171 - March 16th (Day 27)

Well I have been enjoying my holidays and working around the house each day. Not too sure if it is a holiday or not?

At the beginning of last week, we had just started the front deck by digging the holes for it. Be the end of the week it was completed. What do you think? I built this one myself, (with the helping hand of my Father). We had to dig all the holes and  then get the frame right. Once the frame was done, It took around two and a half days to get all the timber cut to length and screwed on.

We also have got the blinds for the house now. We just need to stain them, which is a job for the other half...! I have four small ones to build tonight and then its completed as well.

Today we flattened out the front yard and moved some of the excess soil to around the rear of the property. It took around half the day to clear the front yard, by which time the soil had arrived. We then started spreading it out.

We hired a digger from http://www.diydigger.com.au/ . We ended up not using the leveler, but it was provided in the package we got anyway. Now I can't recommend the guys enough. They turned up when promised, showed me how to use it, and picked it up when promised as well. A job well done!!!  So if you need to move some soil around your home, give them a ring on 0422 327 279 or book online here. (No, I'm not being paid... I honestly was impressed with their service).

I'll post some picks hopefully tomorrow of the end results as it got a bit late to take pictures by the time everything was done!

THe other thing I noted was when it rained the other day. The water flew down the roof and then did a u turn in the gutter and ended up flowing over the edge?  Don't think this should happen?



--


First attempt at a deck....
--









3 comments:

  1. wow, what a difference a deck makes, good job!!!
    Helen M

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great. I wouldn't be able to tell that it was a DIY job. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Looks great and professional.

    Great effort.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comments below. I'd love to hear from you!!